The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Canadian and Brazilian mining company Yamana Gold (AUY). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy n 6/19 the stock gained 58.30%.
Yamana Gold is a Canadian gold producer with significant gold production, gold and copper-gold development stage properties, exploration properties and land positions in all major mineral areas in Brazil.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 37.94+ Weighted Alpha
- 13.11% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 36.6% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.52%
- Technical support level at 3.45
- Recently traded at 3.51 with a 50 day moving average of 2.57
- Market Cap $3.35 billion
- P/E 34.50
- Dividend yield .57%
- Revenue expected to grow .20% this year and another 14.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 180.00% next year and compound at an annual rate of 40.04% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy, 4 hold and 2 sell recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 3,671 to 141 that the stock will beat the market
- 39,836 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha