The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the internet trading company MecadoLibre (MELI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stock list first by the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart function to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/6 the stock gained 10.39%.
MercadoLibre is the largest online trading platform in Latin America. We are market leaders in e-commerce in each of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela, based on unique visitors and page views. Additionally, we have recently launched online trading platforms in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Panama. With a market of over Five fifty million people and a region with one of the world's fastest-growing Internet penetration rates, we provide buyers and sellers a robust online trading environment that fosters the development of a large and growing e-commerce community. We offer a technological and commercial solution that addresses the distinctive cultural and geographic challenges of operating an online trading platform in Latin America.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 102.75+ Weighted Alpha
- 84.31% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 4.64% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 60.09%
- Technical support level at 624.88
- Recently traded at 653.99 with a 50 day moving average of 610.53
- Market Cap $31.31 billion
- Revenue expected to gro 53.90% this year and another 39.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 241.50% this year, an additional 168.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 4 buy and 9 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,773 to 79 that the stock will beat the market
- 20,354 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha