The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the national defense technology company Kratos Defense and Security Solutions (KTOS). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's 100 Top Stocks list first by the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/29 the stock gained 50.28%.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. is a specialized National Security Technology business providing mission critical products, services and solutions for United States National Security priorities. Kratos' core capabilities are sophisticated engineering, manufacturing and system integration offerings for National Security platforms and programs.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 96.80+ Weighted Alpha
- 82.04% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 8.55% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.69%
- Technical support level at 23.35
- Recently traded at 24.15 with a 50 day moving average of 22.10
- Market Cap $2.51 billion
- P/E 112.51
- Revenue expected to grow 19.80% this year and another 15.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 50.00% this year, an additional 44.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 185 to 12 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,487 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha