The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the fuel cell company Hydrogenics(HYGS). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort it's 100 Top Stocks list first by the highest technical buy signals, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/15 the stock gained 44.22%.
Hydrogenics Corporation develops proton exchange membrane fuel cell systems for commercialization, including related peripheral products and associated diagnostic and control equipment. Hydrogenics is recognized by key customers for its core competency in fuel cell operating systems while establishing a sustainable commercial business as a leading provider of systems for control and testing of proton exchange membrane fuel cells and stacks. Hydrogenics Corporation was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Mississauga, Canada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 102.09+ Weighted Alpha
- 80.28% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 4 new highs and up 35.63% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.60%
- Technical support level at 12.14
- Recently traded at 12.98 with a 50 day moving average of 9.80
- Market Cap $235 million
- Revenue expected to grow 41.40% this year and another 61.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 58.10% this year, an additional 119.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 68 to 60 that the stock will beat the market
- 7, 030 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha