The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the pet food company Freshpet(FRPT). This stock was also featured on October 17, 2018. The stock was 39.10 on that day and following it's recent high of 51.85 that would have been a 32.60% gain for those who bought then. I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks by the highest technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/16 the stock gained 17.65%.
Freshpet Inc. is a pet food company. The company manufactures and markets natural fresh foods, refrigerated meals, and treats for dogs and cats in the United States and Canada. Freshpet provides meats- based recipes, such as chicken, beef, lamb and salmon; fruits and vegetables, such as carrots, peas and leafy green vegetables, and high-fiber grains, such as brown rice, oats and barley. It sells its products under the Freshpet, Dognation, and Dog Joy brand names. Freshpet Inc. is headquartered in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 100.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 104.03% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 6.98% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.74%
- Technical support level at 49.53
- Recently traded at 49.83 with a 50 day moving average of 45.74
- Market Cap $1.82 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 25.00% this year and another 22.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 146.70% this year, an additional 742.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 25.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 13 to 11 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,031 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha