The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the internet services company Shopify (SHOP). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/11 the stock gained 54.99%.
Shopify Inc. offers cloud-based commerce platform. The Company's platform provides merchants to design, set up and manage their stores through Web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations and pop-up shops. Shopify Inc. is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 152.00+ Weighted Alpha
- 93.03% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 24.44% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 77.10%
- Technical support level at 310.38
- Recently traded at 327.02 with a 50 day moving average of 263.49
- Market Cap $35.46 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 41.00% this year and another 32.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 50.00% this year, an additional 66.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 48.55% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 10 strong buy, 2 buy, 7 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,057 to 29 that the stock will beat the market
- 58.211 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha