The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electric and gas utility company Fortis (FTS). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stock to Own list first by the highest number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/15 the stock gained 2.72%.
Fortis, Inc. is engaged in electric and gas utility business. The Company offers regulated utilities comprised of electric and gas as well as engages in non-regulated hydroelectric operations. It operates primarily in Canada, United States and Caribbean. Fortis, Inc. is based in St John's, Canada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 23.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 22.44% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 4.29% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.78%
- Technical support level at 38.12
- Recently traded at 38.50 with a 50 day moving average of 37.26
- Market Cap $16.52 billion
- P/E 19.19
- Dividend yield 3.50%
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- 10,467 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha