The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the mineral royalty trader Royal Gold(RGLD) I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Sine the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 6/3 the stock gained 26.11%.
Royal Gold, Inc. acquires and manages precious metals royalty and stream interests, with a primary focus on gold. The Company's portfolio provides investors with a unique opportunity to capture value in the precious metals sector without Company's portfolio provides investors with a unique opportunity to capture value in the precious metals sector without incurring many of the costs and risks associated with mine operations. Royal Gold buys a percentage of the metal produced from a mineral property in exchange for an initial payment. Existing royalties are acquired outright from either a mineral resource company or a private party. Precious metal streams are purchase agreements with mine operators that provide, in exchange for an upfront deposit payment, the right to purchase all or a portion of one or more metals produced from a mine, at a price determined for the life of the transaction by the purchase agreement.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 40.50+ Weighted Alpha
- 23.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 17.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.07%
- Technical support level at 110.92
- Recently traded at 113.84 with a 50 day moving average of 95.33
- Market Cap $7.43 billion
- P/E 76.08
- Dividend yield .93%
- Revenue expected to grow 11.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 40.30% next year and compound at an annual rate of 12.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 4 buy and 6 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 506 to 42 that the stock will beat the market
- 16,334 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha